(will fix Ian’s character name once I see the character sheet again, left it in my car :P)
- Decide to borrow Eliss’ (Vair’s old friend’s) boat, cross the river at the raft point, and wait for Sahlan. As it turned out, they could only persuade Eliss to give them the fishing boat until late that night, so they ended up crossing and searching around themselves, with the help of one of the faerie’s cerels.
- Donall spots a camp from afar, they see Sahlan there with 3 other men. Gaelen walks up to them to try to talk, while Donall and Vair cover him from the forest. Sahlan and another man talk to Gaelen, and debate about whether to kill him, cut out his tongue, or let him go.
- Donall tries to sneak up on the other hunter at his tent, but is heard. He tries to signal Vair to attack, but Vair is too busy climbing a tree to pay attention. Donall ends up persuading the hunter that he’s just there to stop Gaelen from being a crazy old man, but then Vair leaps out of the tree. He misses the hunter, but his sword ends up flying out of his hand and hitting him. The fourth poacher (wielding only a knife) cowers in a tent.
- The poachers are all tired from a day of hunting small woodland creatures, and end up shooting the ground and dropping their weapons with alarming frequency. In a move that secured the party’s victory even more, Yoshi burst out of the forest and engaged a hunter. After the poachers were incapacitated, he explained that he came to make an oath of fealty to Gaelen due to the fact that he saved his mother when she was pregnant with him.
- Gaelen doesn’t remember the event; responds with “okay.” Everyone is in awe of his stoicism.
- Sahlan sasses Gaelen in the latter’s attempts to get him to repent; Gaelen kills him. They question the scared poacher and let him go—he reveals that they are working for a larger black market system. The other two hunters are also spared since they weren’t truly evil.
- When crossing the river, Eliss’ boat begins to take on water. The party tries to fix it but Eliss walks out before they can finish. He explains it’s been leaking on and off for awhile; he suspects some error with the magic seal on its hull. Yoshi is able to repair it to some extent.
- They return to Leri and tell him of their adventures, Gaelen takes a nap.